Christmas Tile Bible Craft
In A Nutshell
With this Christmas Bible craft, you paint on a tile to make a beautiful Christmas decoration. This is a great Christmas Bible craft for older elementary children through adults.
Elementary, Tweens, Teens
What You Will Need
- Porcelain Tile
- Fabric Dimensional Paints
- Ink Pad
- Christmas stamp (be sure to choose a stamp with limited detail and areas wide enough for the paint.
- Metal clothes hanger or 5 craft sticks
- The ink needs some time to dry on the tile. If you are pressed for time, you may want to stamp the tiles ahead of time.
- The metal stand will need to be made by an adult with strong hands as you will need to bend heavy wire. If you choose this option, you should make the stands ahead of time. Use a coat hanger and bend the wire as shown in the photo.
- Stamp the pattern on the tile, then set aside to dry.
- If you are making the wooden stand you need to glue three wooden sticks together in the shape of a triangle. Glue the top of the triangle first. Place the third (cross) stick on top of the other two and glue approximately 1 inch from the bottom. Glue the next stick just above the cross stick, but place it on its side to form a shelf. An adult should cut a notch in the end of the last stick. This stick will be the prop. Set it up where you want it and secure with glue. Set aside to dry.
- Use the fabric paints to fill in areas on the tile. Sometimes the paint will have air bubbles, so it is a good idea to shake it toward the top before removing the cap. Squirt a small amount on a paper plate to test it before using it on the tile. See paint instructions for drying time, usually about 24 hours.
This makes a wonderful gift.